Grass fed beef and organic vegetables are stir fried to a slightly spicy goodness and served with our special tea infused brown rice. This dish is especially helpful for boosting the immune system, increasing memory and focus, and lowering stress levels. It has also been known to decrease the fatigue and fogginess associated with menopause. Our farm to fork take on takeout.
Our beef comes from the experts at V. Miller Meats, cut and wrapped just before we arrived. Our rice and veggies were hand selected during our most recent trip to the Sunday Farmer’s Market. Everything organic, non-GMO, and with sustainable practices. We ask every time. Once you take a bite, you will taste the difference.
Beef and Broccoli
5 cups broccoli florets
1 1/2 cups Shitake mushrooms, sliced
1 cup celery, sliced
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
1 cup carrots, sliced
3/4 pound lean beef sirloin, sliced thinly against the grain
1 Tbs fresh ginger, minced or grated
3 cloves garlic, minced or grated
1 cup beef or chicken broth
3 Tbs cornstarch, divided
2 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup water + 1/4 cup, if needed
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Combine 2 Tbs cornstarch with salt in a plastic bag. Add beef and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick wok or deep skillet over medium high heat. Add beef; stir fry until cooked through and lightly browned, about 4 minutes.Remove beef from pan with slotted spoon.
- Add 1/2 cup broth to pan and stir to loosen browned bits. Add broccoli, carrots, celery, and onion. Stir fry until broccoli is crisp tender, about 3 minutes, adding 1/4 cup of water, if needed.
- Add mushrooms, ginger, garlic, and pepper flakes, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- In a cup, combine soy sauce, remaining broth and cornstarch, and 1/2 cup water. Whisk until well blended, then add back to pan, stirring constantly, until well mixed. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Return beef and juices to pan, toss to coat.