A healthy and delicious twist on an American favorite. We start with ground turkey breast mixed with onion, garlic, and fresh herbs. Top that with a slice of melted cheese, and slide it into a toasted sweet roll. These little gems are great helpers for lowering the blood pressure and stress levels, as well as giving a boost to the immune system.
Garlic Herb Turkey Sliders
1 pound ground turkey breast
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup + 2 Tbs seasoned bread crumbs
2 Tbs fresh parsley, minced
1 1/2 Tbs fresh basil, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced or grated
3 Tbs mayonnaise, regular or low fat
1 Tbs Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Slider buns or rolls
Whatever cheese you like – we are fond of cheddar, swiss, and pepper jack
- Preheat broiler or heavy skillet.
- Spray broiler rack or skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Broil or pan fry sliders until done, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Top with cheese and heat until cheese is melted.
- Serve on slider buns.